My friend, Tracy, needs help. Or more accurately, my friend Tracy needs help helping her daughter. You can read her story here, but the short version is Tracy and her family have scrapped and saved and cooked and fund-raised and sacrificed to earn every penny they need to adopt a 3-year-old girl with significant special needs from Korea (a fellow RainbowKid like my Little Bro). A little girl who was just months away from being doomed for a group home. A little girl who needs someone in her corner for the rest of her life. A little girl that most of us could not be brave or strong enough to raise. A girl they desperately have fought for and love with all their hearts. A girl they are naming Emi Faith.
Because of Emi's age and special needs, the agency has told Tracy she cannot travel alone; however, her family cannot fund three tickets (Tracy, Emi, and someone else). Tracy's husband has to stay home to attend to the needs of one of their other children. Tracy hasn't been able to find anyone else who can fund their own ticket and take the full week out of their lives to travel over to help her. She had someone who can travel, but can't afford the ticket. Tracy is traveling in 4 weeks and has no idea how someone is going to be able to come with her. In case you are curious, a ticket is around $1200.
A movement in the forums has been started to help fund a companion ticket. It is as simple as going to her blog and donating whatever strikes your heart by using her secure Donate button. Don't get me wrong, I know how money is for everyone right now. It's right after the holidays, and many people reading this blog are probably saving for their own adoption expenses. But I also know that five or ten people donating a small amount can equal something substantial for Tracy.
For my one and only giveaway, I want to help Tracy by giving away an awesome set of Uncle Goose Korean Character Blocks
AND something of the winner's choice from Kimchi Keepsakes. Perhaps a buckwheat travel pillow for you or your little one; an apron for your budding chef, a custom pendant, or whatever strikes your fancy. I'll draw the winners on Sunday, January 16, which marks 11 months since they committed to adopt Miss Emi.
I've got a couple ways for you to get entered:
- Go to Tracy's blog and donate through her button (it would be anonymous to everyone but you and Tracy), come back and leave a message here letting me know you donated (I moderate comments, so let me know if you would like me to keep your comment private). I don't care how much you donate and please don't tell me. Even the most humble of donations matter. Truly, they do. I'll give you one entry into the drawing. AND, AS A BONUS, ENTER THE WORDS "DONATION MATCH-LADYBUG" AND A WONDERFUL MAMA WILL MATCH YOUR DONATION!
- Second, if you post something about Tracy's story on your blog, come back and leave me a message, and I will enter you a second time. Same with Facebook or Twitter. Each notation will be one entry. (But please, don't link this blog on Twitter directly...Twitter still creeps me out a bit.)
- Third, if someone that hasn't already entered via this blog post leaves a note on your blog saying they also donated, I'll give you FIVE entries. (a la, a donation spurred by your post and not mine.)
But it will make a BIG difference to her. This sweet little girl and this brave mama deserve all the support we can give them.


thank you for posting this, i just donated. :O)
ReplyDeleteI donated. I hope they get the money they need.
ReplyDeleteI just donated. I will plan to write something up on my blog in the next few days. Maybe I can come up with a giveaway as well. Thank you for doing this--I know how hard it is to work and save to bring home a little one. She has really sacrificed.
ReplyDeletejust donated! i will try to post about them in the next couple days too. thanks for doing this giveaway for them!
ReplyDeletejust donated and blogged about it...i'm thinking of doing a giveaway, too. thanks for inspiring us, cori!
ReplyDeleteI just donated and boy did it feel great - what a way to start of 2011 - helping out a total stranger!
ReplyDeleteI just donated. Tears welled up in my eyes as I was doing it. I gave my two sons an extra hug, and told them another precious Korean friend will be coming home soon.
ReplyDeletehi! just blogged a post about Emi! and linked it to my FB! praying and hoping good news soon!
ReplyDeleteThank you for posting this C. I just donated on their blog. I wish them the best, and can't wait for Emi Faith to come home.
ReplyDeleteThanks for doing this, Cori. I donated, but my blog is private, so linking there won't do much good. I'll put something up on FB tomorrow though.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for doing this - I just donated on their blog.
ReplyDeleteI donated and linked on FB. I can't wait to see Emi home!
ReplyDeleteAwesome post. I just donated!
ReplyDeleteI am going to publish my post on my blog soon!
ReplyDeleteSending Tracy a check today and also posted to facebook.
ReplyDeleteDonating and posted on FB. We need to get this baby girl home!
ReplyDeleteC, I love this. Your heart is so giving and I'm happy and honored to donate to such a beautiful family!! I cannot wait for Miss Emi to be in Tracy's arms!!
ReplyDeleteMade a donation.... hoping Tracy will reach her goal soon... Put a link to your blog on FB and Tracy's blog on my twitter :)
ReplyDeleteI love that you are doing this! I just donated and am writing a post about it. I'm praying they are able to raise enough money!
ReplyDeleteThank you, Cori, for telling us about this. I donated.
ReplyDeleteHey Cori...thanks for posting. I just donated and posted to my blog as well. We'll see what this group of mommas can do to help this wonderful family. Can't wait to see Emi Faith in her family's arms.
ReplyDeleteI love that you are doing this. LOVE. Inspiring (truly). I donated through Grace's blog, but now I'm feeling like I want to do more.
ReplyDeleteDonated! Don't ya just love, love, love this community of mamas!!??
ReplyDeleteWhat a great idea! Just donated, and can't wait to hear about Emi Faith coming home!
ReplyDeleteThanks for posting this. We traveled with this family the first time and are so excited to see them bring home their little girl. I just donated to see it happen!
ReplyDeleteJust had to post to say THANK YOU. I am blessed and honored to call you friend. Thank you to all those who have supported us through prayer and/or donation. I am humbled by the generosity and care.
ReplyDeleteThank you for getting the word out- I donated earlier last week and just posted on my blog today- so hopefuly word will spread a little further! http://countingseeds-cline.blogspot.com/
ReplyDeleteI posted about it on my blog and got 4 donations that I do not see listed here! Hopefully Tracy is getting very close to her goal!!!
ReplyDelete